Saturday, 28 March 2015
Hey everyone. Here's a layout I did to celebrate my time at Shabby Shutters. So glad I had the opportunity to meet, work and play with these ladies. Once again I used 3 different challenges. The challenge at The Studio Challenges was to use as many items as you could from the following: mist, stamping, sequins, chipboard, brads or eyelets, thread, vellum, yellow. I used mist, stamping, sequins, thread and yellow. For the March challenge at 123 Get Scrappy I used bicycle, baker's twine and use a paper punch.
The pattern paper, tag, photo frame, word sticker and bicycle topper were all from the 'As You Wish' collection from Fancy Pants. Have to say Fancy Pants is quickly becoming one of my fav companies. For the background I stamped the circles using a styrofoam cup and then added some splatters. The flowers were made using a paper punch. Below are some close ups.
The sketch I used was from Scrap Our Stash's #24 sketch challenge. Gold embellishments also had to be used in this challenge. I used gold striped washi tape and gold sequins. Make sure to check out the linked blogs. Hope you liked it and thanks for stopping by.
Hey everyone. This is our border collie, Maggie. My daughter calls her Maggie Moo Moo Wiggle Bum. Moo Moo because she is black and white like a holstein cow, and Wiggle Bum because her little tail and bum never stop moving. I used 3 different challenges when creating this layout. The Studio Challenges challenge was to use your old stash. I had some pattern paper from Bobunny's 'Powder Mountain' line that was from 2012. The vellum I used had to be at least 8 years old. Scrap Our Stash's #24 word challenge was to include an item from your stash for each letter in the word 'stencil'. I used the following:
S : stitching, snowflakes
T : tag
E : embossing (The journal piece and some of the snowflakes are embossed)
N : numbers in the date
C : cup (I used a styrofoam cup to stamp the circles)
I : ink
L : letters
The snowflakes were cut using Spellbinder dies. I layered some and popped most of them up with foam squares. For the pleated borders, I used 1/2" strips of cardstock. I placed some adhesive where I wanted the border to be, pleated the cardstock, adhered it, and then stitched it down. After stamping the circles with a styrofoam cup, I flicked some splatters around the layout as well.
I had originally journalled directly onto the layout but had messed it up. It was difficult to write on the textured cardstock, so I cut out a label using a Spellbinders die, wrote on the nontextured side and covered my boo-boo with it. I rather like the look. The sketch I used was Sketchabilities #135. Be sure to check out the different blogs. Hope you liked it and thanks for stopping by.